Sunday, February 17, 2008

Modern Art and the Bad Day

Today was one of the worst days I've had in a while.

Not because of anything that really happened...but just because of my mental state. I could not pull it together today. I broke into tears talking things out with my roommate.

The thing that took me out of myself for a few hours this afternoon was the free public weekend at the LACMA's new Contemporary Art building BCAM (Broad Contemporary Art Museum). It was amazing. I really wanted to take pictures of everything, but of course they don't let you do that.

When you walk into the gallery on the third floor, the first thing you see is this LARGE statue of a blue, mirrored, balloon dog. It made me laugh.
Thank you Jeff Koons.

Seeing some original Andy Warhol and Roy Lichenstein was incredible. For some reason, I didn't expect to be able to as blown away by seeing the iconic pop art I'd seen in magazines or textbooks. Did you know there are pencil marks on Lichenstein's paintings? There are little pencil outlines where he meant to put the clouds, or where a tear should be. That blew me away, to see how they start.

I will post photos up here of some of the outdoor sculptures.

I opened a NetFlix account tonight.

Last night, I yelled affirmations at myself for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment