Wednesday, October 17, 2007

a cloudy day in Los Angeles?!

I don't even know what to write here...I've been thinking I should write something.

This past week-ish, it's been mostly cloudy here. Which is odd for Los Angeles, normally, it's bright, sunny, cheerful. Like anyone would imagine Los Angeles, well that's how it normally is.

The first night it was almost raining, I twirled and stretched my arms out. My tongue, up and open to the damp air.

It's kind of refreshing for the weather to reflect my insides. It's not quite sunny, but not quite raining either. A weird mix of in between.

That's probably why I've gone to see a few movies on my own recently. I really need to get myself a chick-flick movie partner, otherwise this might turn into an unhealthy obsession with accumulating AMC movie rewards points. Two more and I get a free small drink!

I think I might start at movie point rating system...Reward Points!

-Becoming Jane: Has begun a new love of James McAvoy. Seriously, ladies...go. see. this. movie. Just because of him. Oh yeah, Anne Hathaway's in it too.
9 out of 10 reward points (7 for James McAvoy + 2 for the chemistry between James & Anne)

-Feast of Love: A decent movie about love at different stages in relationships. Morgan Freeman, still amazing and worthy of a vote for US President, still. Greg Kinnear also, totally sweet and naive as the "nice guy". Don't take your parents to this one...there's nudity...lots of it actually...it comes at you from all angles. A little too much for my liking, but it can be appreciated in a European kind of way.
6 out of 10 reward points

-The Jane Austen Book Club: A chick flick about the original chick flicks, Jane Austen's books. This one takes on themes that originate from Austen's books, putting new modern spins on all of them. Emily Blunt is fantastically French in this movie. A great sister/mother/daughter relationship movie all generations will enjoy. It's The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants for adults. Almost.
6 out of 10 reward points

No comments:

Post a Comment