Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Socks, Campus Ladies and Lawyers

What I watched tonight
  • No Direction Home: Bob Dylan Documentary...well, we fast forwarded through the middle of it. Research for Video Workshop.
  • American Idol...the last 15 minutes or so. I probably only saw the people they were hyping up for the first 45 minutes of the show.
  • Boston Legal...always hilarious, and for some reason, I love Craig Bierko. I don't understand exactly why...but he's awesome.
  • Campus Ladies...meh...i wasn't as amused as I thought i would be. Maybe it was just too hyped by Court. Maybe I didn't see the right episode. I did see Rob Riddle(?) though. He's good.
  • Fashion Police: Golden Globes. Even though I didn't actually watch the Golden Globes, it's good to catch up for the Fashionista in me.



    I knit a lot tonight. I finished one of Courtney's socks though...and I kind of love it. I love the color work I've done. I'm just proud of it. I think I've come a long way from the crazy-ridiculous sweater I made for Amanda forever and a day ago. For now, I like the more instant gratification something small like socks (although there are two to make which can be troublesome), scarves, headbands and hats.

    It's kind of special...me and my knitting. I'm realizing that I haven't really learned how to practice at anything. I want to learn so many things, but I have little to no drive to actually practice them. I want to learn how to play guitar better, but I don't push myself to practice. I want to sing better, but I don't practice. I'm not studying any of those things. But maybe it's a good thing, because what I am practicing right now is how to be a student. I am good at that, as my grades from the past semester show. I can handle that responsibility.

    I'm hoping that I can learn to practice more. I need to not focus on the instant gratification anymore. I'm taking more interest in knitting gauges. For you non-knitters, gauges help you determine sizing, finding out how many stitches you knit per inch is important in deciding how many stitches you need to make a whole hat that will fit a 24 inch head, or to fit around a sweater or something like that. It's very important for sweaters and other tops. I just need to do a little better at the practicing part, outside of knitting or school.

    I really want to learn guitar, but I'm not going to get any better if I continue to only pick it up once every 3 months. I should ask Rebecca about her practicing strategies. She's a piano major, she's got lots and lots of practicing to do, maybe she can help a little. I think I just don't know how to approach it all. Hopefully, she can help me come up with a plan.

    We'll see.
  • 1 comment:

    1. Don't hate on the Ladies. Maybe it wasn't the best ep. But my Nicky was in it! The Ladies are awesome.

      ReplyDelete