Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Friends and not-so-friends

I've been doing a lot of thinking.
Maybe it's because I'm headstrong or stubborn, but this is my belief:

I believe that a friendship is not strong until it has survived trials.
I believe a relationship is not strong until it has survived trials.

This is where I find myself. I'm at a crossroads in a number of relationships in my life. There's a choice on both sides of a relationship, I must choose to forgive and forget or to move on without that person in my life.

I think the best relationships in my life, the best friends that I have, the friends I've had the longest have endured these trials and lived through them. That's why these people are my absolute best friends, because we've managed to work through and be there for each other when we most needed it.

I have the best friends in the world. That's something no one can take away from me. I know I have people that would be there for me in a heartbeat if I needed them, because they have been before.

Thank you, you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment